Saturday, September 6, 2008

This is the table top that I am hand quilting. It started off as a quilt for my son because it is in Chiefs colors. As you can see it didn't happen. Then when I ran across it I decided to make it a table top cover. I took the batting and sandwiched the topper, started quilting and then discovered that I had used some batting that I had purchased to make a purse. *sigh* Oh well, I am still working on it!! I surely don't like to do frog stitching!!








This is the Christmas Braid Quilt. I had no measurement in mind. I just started braiding until I was tired and then started a new row. The stocking fabric at the top and bottom is from a Christmas stripe and I love the way it turned out! I had discovered the Spray adhesive and have attached the batting already. I need to find a backing and then get to quilting. Hmmm soon I think.








This Paisley fabric was found in my stash. I decided to use it as the basis of a quilt. I then choose the Yellow fabric and the Green. Next I had to come up with a pattern. After putting it all together I wasn't sure I liked the yellow. It seemed that is wasn't bright enough. But after setting off to the side for a few years, I don't mind it. I had just enough Paisley fabric to make the border. So it is ready for quilting. Yeah!








Similarly I ran across this floral/paisley fabric. I cut the floral squares first. Then I made the hour glass blocks. I started with the blue/white block but it seemed rather boring. So after suggestions, I chose the salmon fabric to add to the blocks. I have a bolt of the green fabric that I used on the outside border. Here is the top all finished.









Isn't this fun. I have fallen in love with orange! Four Patch Frenzy was a wonderful quilt to put together.









This is Bricks and Stones variation. I thought it was a great way to use up stash fabric quickly. I just need to decide on a border and get it done! Maybe I will try some more machine quilting with my sewing machine.









Tamaras Choice is the name of this quilt. All of it came from my stash and I really need to get this finished and put onto my bed! I believe that this is a quilt that I will make again.














As you can see I do like a busy border. I loved doing this mystery quilt, but it has been long enough that I can't remember the name :( if you know, please tell me and I will put it in here.














This Halloween topper is made from stash fabric. The orange fabric with ghosts on it was left over from making Halloween treat bags for my children's grade school party. What a great way to remember the time spent with them. :)














Wow, this is a lot of pictures and information. But I am very glad that I have put it down here so it will be a great record of accomplishments. Now. I need to find my thimble so that I can continue working on the Red/Yellow table topper.
Tom has been off on his golfing trip and I have accomplished lots! Hope you all have a great weekend. Trish

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Love your quilts!

The mystery looks like Spring Breeze, a mystery on A Pocket Full of Mysteries. I also did this mystery and loved not only doing it but the finished quilt as well.

Joyce

3 kats and a kwiltr said...

Actually, the mystery is Tamara's Choice by Dorothy Young. It was offered on A Pocket Full of Mysteries. The only reason I know the name is because I just purchased a copy of the pattern, because I can't find my instructions from the group...They are here somewhere.
Anna in IL

swooze said...

You have some really pretty things there. I look forward to seeing them all finished!