Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Oh, wait. Still a few more hours till then. :)


Tonight We had King Crab to eat for dinner. Yummmmm I've never had this before; but, when Renae (friend from work) mentioned that was what she was having... and then told me how easy it is to fix... well, I called Tom and he wanted to try it too!! (of course he already knew what crab tasted like.. silly me) :) That is ok we sure enjoyed it. As you can see by the picture, all that is left is the shells and the claws. hee hee hee.

It was very simple. 2 pounds of King Crab. Large Pot with about 1" of water and a dash of Vinegar (to help with the fishy smell), Cook for 15 minutes after water comes to a boil. Melt some Butter and eat. How easy is that! Note to self: Do This Again Next Year!!! Also suggested was to use scissors to open the shells and this worked great. We also had Brocholli and bread/rolls. I am so full...Groan But, we may have ice cream later, it will depends on how hungry we are. **evil grin**

I haven't had time to sew much. I've been enjoying Jocelyn being home, and talking with my son, Chester. And, of course, going back to work put a bit of a crimp in my sewing time. I did sew a few more pinwheels and have to draw the lines on the rest of the light squares so that I can sew up the rest of the half square triangles. Maybe tomorrow. But there are quite a few NYE Mysteries going on. I will have to check them out first.

Before I sign off, Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

No comments: