Sunday, December 27, 2009

Taco Wheels

I was trying to create my own recipe. It was fun, but didnt' turn out like I imagined in my head or my tastebuds! I took frozen bread dough, one loaf. Let it rise, then spread it out into a HUGE rectangle. I never imagined it would be this large! Then spread pre-cooked ground beef onto the dough, spread out some salsa, and finally covered it with cheese. Rolled it up. I swear it seemed to take on a life of its own. Finally ended up with two large rolls. I sliced these and put them on a cookie sheet and baked them at 350 till the bread was done. I forgot to take a picture at the end, but I need to work on it some more. There was too much grease/liquid and it made the dough soggy on the bottom. Either too much cheese (is that possible?) or the salsa was too liquid. Hmm not sure which. I'll keep on working on it.

No comments: