Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chicken Curry Casserole


I can't believe that I was able to get the casserole made tonight. We DID have to wait until almost 7:30 to eat, but it was done! Here is a picture of it. Can you tell that I like casseroles that have cheese on top?

Chicken Curry Casserole

2-3C Water
Whole Chicken, discard innerds
2 chicken bullion cubes
5-7 buds of Garlic - Hit Bud to loosen Skin - Finely Chopped
8 oz. or more Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 Rounded tsp Curry Powder
Brocholi - Steamed I used 1 Bundle from the Grocery Store
Boil Chicken in water with Bullion & garlic for 1-1.5 hrs, till tender. Cool and take meat off the bones and place meat in a mixing bowl. Then add the Cream of Mushroom Soup, Sour Cream and Curry Powder and Mix Well.
Place steamed brocholi on the bottom of a buttered casserole dish, then pour the Chicken & Sauce mixture over the top. Bake 350 for 30-45 Minutes. Take out and put the grated cheese on the top and bake 5-10 minutes more until the cheese melts.
I usually throw out the Liquid left over from the chicken. I guess you could save it and use it for something else if you wanted.
I hope you try this recipe out and let me know how you like it. Hugs!

No comments: