Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cardboard and Quilts

Weighting the pieces down.

More blocks sewn!
     A rather laid back day.  I surfed the web, watched a few shows on the computer, worked on the Cardboard piece and sewed some more blocks for Violet Quilt.   I know that it will not be completed by the end of February.  Sad, but true.  I will have to make smaller projects for the rest of the year if I expect to finish each Item in the month I start. 
     I charged into the cardboard project.  I am always in such a hurry.  I had to add more cardboard to the sides.  And I will probably add another piece to the back too.  It was just too flimsy and needed more strength.  I didn't think it would need more strength when I planned this out.  But that is ok.  It is cardboard.. Just add some more!  Luckily this is a small project and not a large piece.  The paper mache part is more time consuming that I thought it would be.  Of course, trying to do this while watching a movie on the computer, and working on a small surface (tv tray) was not the smartest way to do this!

No comments: