Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday 1/3/11

My design wall looks like this! Yes, same as yesterday. I will blame dd, she 'made' me clean my room!! lol I hope to get some more work done on it today, especially since I have to go to work again, tomorrow. 4 days off in a row sure has been great!

DD and I worked in my Bedroom again. WOW. It looks great! Went thru bookshelf (huge mess) and the dress drawers. Now when I find things in another part of the house, I can put them right where they belong. I just want to keep this up! We worked on the desk in the kitchen too. ewww. big mess there.

Ideas for the monochromatic quilts: Strips (on half square & other triangle either black or off white) Square, thin rectangle/w small square at corners 2-3 rows out, RR tie/4sq & HStriangle alternates)

Today is Jocelyn's last day home. She heads out tomorrow. I'll sure miss her!!

7 comments:

Jo said...

Your quilt looks fun. LOVE the design and would love to make it.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a fun Christmasy quilt...enjoy piecing!

Kate said...

Can I borrow the "she made me clean my room" excuse? I didn't get near the sewing done I wanted to either! Fun quilt! I like the dark frames the 9 patch gives you.

QuiltSwissy said...

I like the quilt. Might have to do something like that to bust my stash this summer!
glen

Chris said...

Darn kids are just too bossy nowadays!! LOL

Pat said...

Your quilt looks like a fun one to make.

AnnieO said...

So scrappy and fun!

Isn't it amazing how having a system can make putting things away so much easier? Since I've taught myself that putting things away immediately really only takes a few seconds in most cases once they have a "home", I do it all the time. It's the things that don't have a home that are the problem!